Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Slipcover for a child's chair

Whew! Just finished up a slipcover for the chair in my girls' room in time to go pick my child up from mother's morning out.... it's not perfect, but it'll do!

 Here is is what I started with....sorry for the horrible photo, I took it with my phone.


The old cover had a hole in the seat, so I removed it then traced all the elements of the chair with a sharpie and banner paper. After I traced each piece, I added seam allowances and cut them out of the banner paper. Then I cut them out of the fabric (I used a window panel from Target that matched the girls curtain's in their room). As you can see from the chaos above, I was straight up winging it. I've never done a slipcover before, but it wasn't too bad. Kind of like putting a puzzle together. After sewing all the pieces together, the girl's have a 'new' chair!

Now, we'll see how long this one holds up. :)

1 comment:

  1. I didnt see this before! Slipcovers are so forgiving and the best way to give life to an old piece. I love them. I have tackled a couch, my first piece, and I had to watch video tutorials on miss mustard seed. Haha you did good! I like it.


Pin It button on image hover