Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Painting Wood Paneling and Trim

Now, I know this post might not be popular with some of you. I know there are the die hards out there who think you should never under any circumstances paint wood paneling. And I respect that buuuuut........ I just don't agree with it. I'm working with a client right now who has a room full of wood - floors, walls, cabinetry, trim, windows, and doors. And it is just too much. It makes a very large room look small and dark. So we've discussed painting all the paneling a shade of white, and then to add interest and a little fun to the room, painting the doors/windows/trim a shade of green. I'm very excited about it and think it will look sooooooo good when it's done! Here are some photos of examples just so you can see what I'm talking about. 

{Source: Apartment Therapy via Pure Style Home}

{Via Country Living}

Love the color palette...the painted gray doors and windows are fabulous
{Via Cote de Texas}

And here is a little sketch I did of my client's living/dining room just to block out the colors for the room. I think it's going to look great!



P.S. While looking for good images for my post I came across this post from Young House Love ~ 
"How to Paint Wood Paneling" . Check it out for step-by-step instructions on how to tackle this type of project.  

P.P.S And for a hilarious take on why men always seem to be against painting wood, check out this post ~ "Why Men Fear Painting Wood" by The Decorologist - it cracked me up. Because it really is so true!! 
(All my designer friends can testify to this, I think we have all had a least one of these clients)


XO,
Kasey

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the colors, but those WINDOWS! My goodness they are beautiful! My next home will def. have to have windows like those. Definitely crushing over here.

    -Milynn
    Love & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading, Milynn! I agree the windows are to die for!

      Delete
  2. Nice blog Fine Line painting San Francisco currently has a 4.5 out of 5 rating based on 2 ratings and 2 Yelp user reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am loving the colours they are sharp and beautiful. Everything is match with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover