Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mixed Media Skirt

After writing a post about the painted clothing trend the other day, I decided to give it a whirl myself. I took some fabric outside and hung it on the fence and then just played around with fabric paints while my girls painted a cardboard box (you know I needed a distraction!). Pink, orange, and yellow turned out to be my favorite - a sunny and cheerful color combination. (I did some green and blue too, but it didn't cut the mustard.) Then after letting it dry, I sewed a little skirt and added some "sunburst type thingies" with the sewing machine. Sometimes it's fun just to play around without having a plan in mind....I think this turned out cute for  what started out as an experiment!



 It's called the 'Mixed Media' Skirt and it's a size 4 (for sale in my Bug & Bell Etsy shop right here if you're interested!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover