Monday, April 9, 2012

Bug and Bell Announcement

I'm the type of person who likes to have everything perfectly presentable before I show it to anyone, especially when it comes to a project. However, I think sometimes it's better just to jump into something before you lose your nerve! 

 So....I have a little secret to let you in on.......I am going to start selling some of the children's clothing that I make. I've come up with a name (Bug and Bell - after my 2 girls) and have been working on a logo with one of my best friends, Emily, who also happens to be a very talented graphic designer. I'm really excited, but of course a little nervous too. Who knows if anyone will even like my clothes or want to buy them.....but I need to try as I've been thinking about this for a while. This is something that gives me joy and I would like to see if I can make it work. I always thought that if I didn't study Interior Design in college I would have liked to do fashion design. Staying home with my girls has actually giving me this opportunity to learn and try something new and I'm so thankful that I've been able to discover this new passion. 


I think my style could be described as playful, sweet, vintage inspired, and maybe a little quirky and we are trying to convey that in the logo. Emily sent me a little mock-up the other day (shown above using a photo from my In Bloom facebook page) and its a rough idea, but already I'm so excited! She is so talented.

Right now, I'm still making / selling hair accessories from my In Bloom Barrettes etsy shop and facebook page. I plan on eventually shutting that down and just adding hair accessories to Bug & Bell so I have everything "under one roof", so to speak.  I'll let y'all know as soon as I get everything up and running, but as of right now if I'm offering something for sale, I will just let you know on the blog  and you can email me if you're interested. 

I appreciate your support of this blog, it means so much to me that you read and I love to hear feedback! I just wanted to let you know what has been rolling around in my brain for the past few months. It feels good to get it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover