Monday, January 2, 2012

Red Winter Capelets.

When I saw the red riding hood pattern in the Oliver and S sewing book, I almost died from the cuteness. I mean every little girl needs a red capelet, right? I chose a red fleece for the outside and a quilting weight cotton fabric for the inside of each capelet - strawberries for Edie and birds for Cella. The pattern was surprisingly easy and didn't take me that long. I sewed a button on the inside and outside of each capelet so they are reversible too. Cella loves hers and wears it all the time, she feels like a princess in it. Edie, on the other hand, has melted into a puddle both times we've tried to put it on her, she is not too keen on the hood. It is so funny though! She cooperated with the photo shoot today as long as the hood was not on and she could run around an play with her sister.



 
   
  

These two are definitely going to be partners in crime!

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover