Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decking the Halls.

We put our Christmas tree and decorations  up this weekend! Cella is at the age that she loves helping and participating in the decorating, so I let her do alot and try not to be a control freak. I've come to realize that perfection is not always about having something look perfect! We enjoy making ornaments together and I try to let the girls help as much as possible. I know one day in the future we'll find ourselves with an empty house and a perfectly decorated Christmas tree and we'll probably be nostalgic for the days that the house was filled with the laughter and craziness of children. (So I'm not going to complain about the girls taking all the ornaments off of the bottom of the tree every five seconds and then putting them back on, and having pine needles everywhere all the time. *wink wink.)

icicles for mama
gingerbread men, trees, bells, and candy canes for cella


so proud of all her hard work!

icicles, snowflakes, and min-disco balls make a festive arrangement for the foyer!

fun, festive, and cheap craft using paper strips and a stapler! {found this idea on designsponge many years ago}

pinecones, left-over tree branches and candles make a cozy mantel decoration for the holidays. sprinkle some fake snow on the top for good measure!

I'm working on a few other projects too, some I won't post until after Christmas because they are gifts and I don't want to spoil the surprise! 


So ciao for now ~ I've got to get crackin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover