Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Big Bow Dress


 Cella's closet has been looking pretty slim lately, most of her favorite dresses have made their way into little sis's closet. So I set out on a mission this week to make her 3 new dresses, and this is the first one. This one was the simplest one to make ~ I just used a nightgown pattern and added the big bow and a ruffle at the bottom.  The fabric I used is a Robert Kaufman fabric, I think. I love the colors in this fabric. You can't tell from the photos but each one of those yellow poofy things is outlined in a shimmery gold, and it gives the dress a nice sparkly quality. It turned out really sweet, I love it when little girls are dressed like little girls and not too grown up. 

 Now my girl loves some pink, so this is probably not going to be her favorite dress.....but sometimes I just have to say enough with the pink.......it can be a bit much! And blue looks so pretty with her big blue eyes. She did say "oooooh, it's so coozzzy!!" so maybe she likes it okay.

The next dress will be more her style, which means it will have pink and be kind of over the top.







I'm pretty sure that I won't meet my goal of 3 dresses in one week, seriously, I don't know what I was thinking.......But I might be able to finish up the second one tomorrow. So stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover