Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A trip to the Mountains

This weekend we took a little trip up to the beautiful blue ridge mountains. 


Construction is complete on the McKay Mountain House, so we moved the furniture in and tried to get everything ready for our first Thanksgiving in the mountains. I was sooooo looking forward to getting out in the fresh mountain air, but on the second leg of our trip, about 20 minutes in, lil E' started vomiting. And then Cella followed suit (and continued to run a high fever the entire weekend). Needless to say it was an ordeal, but thank God we made it through and both girls are feeling much better. We still managed to get most of the furniture installed and accessorizing done and have a good time. We even went on one easy hike the last day when everyone was feeling a bit better. 




Cella said "the mountains smelled good in her nose" and I told her that I knew exactly what she meant. I love that crisp tingly feeling of fresh mountain air.
 
And now for a little design ........
 I also took a few snaps of the house when were leaving on Monday, we were in a rush to get on the road so excuse the poor photog skills! We still have to finish up most of the rooms, but it's really coming together and we are loving it! I made some notes on the photos of the incomplete items, some peices won't be in until late October. So I probably won't post complete photos until November.

  This is the Living Room and I'm really loving the look, rustic but not over-the-top "lodge". We still need a few pieces - an end table and the leather chair/ottoman, but I think it will look great when it's finished.



This the master bedroom, one of my favorite rooms. I love the duvet cover from DwellStudio. It is so peaceful, the view from all of the windows is nothing but trees and mountains. It gives you the feeling of being in a treehouse. We still need a chair, a dresser, and some art......and the nightstands haven't come in yet. When the nightstands come in those small wooden "stump" tables will go in the living room next to the loveseat. 


Did you notice my little helper in the photos? She had her camera too and was snapping away. She is so proffessional!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover