Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Teacher Tool-Belt

My youngest sister is a teacher, and a good one at that! It takes a great deal of patience to teach 25 second graders everyday, and I don't know how she does it. But she does, and she is so kind and compassionate to those children. They are so lucky to have her! Okay, had to say my spill, but this post is really about a little project that came about after talking to her about her typical day. She was telling me about all the stuff (i.e pens, markers, scissors, keys, post-its, etc.) that she has to carry around and how inconvenient it is, especially if she's wearing pants with no pockets. At first I joked that she should carry a fanny pack, but then an idea hit me. How about a cute apron with pockets for all her stuff? Then I thought not just any apron ~ I'll call it the teacher tool belt! It's kind of modeled after a waitress apron, and I used a canvas fabric so that it could withstand the weight of all of her stuff. To jazz it up a little, I embroidered her name in the bottom right corner.





Pardon the grainy photos, my battery was dead on my good camera so I used my old point and shoot!

1 comment:

  1. Adore it! Love the pompom details too. I have that fabric ;) I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover