Monday, August 8, 2011

An indoor picnic

THE HEAT! Oh my gosh, the heat is killing me!! 

I don't know about you, but I find that when it is really hot outside and I'm sweating constantly, my patience runs really thin with my 3 year old. It has been so hot that we can't go outside as much as we like to because I don't need my 1 year old to have a heat stroke. Unless we are at the swimming pool, we are pretty much cooped up inside all day everyday. And seriously, we need a break from each other. She will be starting school in a few weeks, and I know I'll probably be wishing for the days when she stayed home, but I think it's going to be so good for her. She asks me every morning "What we gonna do today?" and then I have to come up with something not boring to do. And I'm running out of ideas and stamina! But Friday night I thought we could have an indoor picnic dinner which she thought was the greatest idea ever. 

And to make it even better we had breakfast food. What is better than breakfast for dinner!?


 I love my family, I really do. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about the words I wrote above. This little girl is my heart. At night when I'm exhausted and so ready for her to go to bed, John or I will do the whole bedtime routine and finally tuck her in. Then 15 minutes later she will call for me on the stairs - "Mom, can you draw sumpin on my magna-doooodle?" or "Mom, can you dance with me?" and it really does melt my heart. Having a break from that voice and then hearing that sweet baby voice 5 minutes later is a nice reminder that she is still just a baby. 

So if any of you are feeling the same way and would like to share some good fun activity ideas for these hot summer days I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Check out my posting on a summer bucket list that I created! On those days that we needed some ideas of what to do, we chose an activity! Enjoy!
    http://simplesideoflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover