Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pleated Collar Dress

I've been totally focused on improving my home lately and have been slacking on the sewing posts (although I am working on a really cute sunsuit for Edie right now!). So I thought I'd post a dress that I made last summer for my sweet Cella-bel! These photos were taken in August 2010 and she can still wear it with leggings. It also looks cute with rolled up jeans. This was one of the first dresses I made where I kind of did my own thing and didn't really use a pattern. I learn something new with each garment I make and with this one I made the pleated collar a little too short so it didn't wrap all the way around the neck. It's not that noticeable, but if I made another one I would pay more attention and make it longer.

Striking a pose!

   
And now a few pictures from the backyard, notice the green gummy worm in her mouth.....yes, I had to bribe her!



 You might even be able to climb a tree in a dress like this.


I loved this fabric and still do, it is Memento Midnight from Amy Butler's Love collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover