Monday, June 27, 2011

Dining Room in Progress!

It's still a work in progress....but oh my goodness, it's looking so good! We've finally finished painting and I am in love with the color. I don't know why I was hesitant or nervous because this room should have been black all along, it's like it has been waiting 2 years to be matched up with it's perfect color! Last week we (and by we I mean John) hung the curtain rods and the new chandelier. Here it is.



Here is my favorite spot with the antique icebox, massive aloe plant, and shells that we found on the beach when we lived in Charleston.
Now, I just need to make the window treatment panels (first I have to decide between linen or burlap), make the driftwood mirror, and find the perfect (inexpensive) art.

This room is calling out for this Walter Anderson painting, but since it is an original and not a print it's probably not in the budget. Maybe I can just buy a Walter Anderson print and paint it similar colors......I feel like the this room would look best with art in the blue and green range. 



I feel like my house is finally starting to look like a grown up might live here......but not too grown up, still fun and fresh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover