Monday, May 30, 2011

Children's artwork is the best

There is really nothing like a child's artwork, it is so fun to see their interpretations of the world around them. My oldest loves to draw and paint; most nights she falls asleep with her magnadoodle in the bed. And some mornings we are woken up by her climbing into our bed and putting pieces of paper on our heads telling us that she drew us or a parade or something fun like that. I of course love it and get so tickled hearing the descriptions of what she's drawn. It's hilarious, especially when she draws people. Now don't get me wrong, she draws people really well for a 3 year old, but it's still funny. Today I snapped some photos of some of her latest work:

I love the 2 drawings below. It's like she was working on a series....and these are just the 2 that I picked, there were actually many more of this same style.




Bunny Rabbits with Eggs in the Grass

Mama and Dat (the circles are our "names")

This is a dinosaur she drew when she was 2 1/2.....I love it so I had to include it!

Mama in a red dress and Cella in a yellow dress (with blue eyes) in our house





1 comment:

  1. I love it when young parents encourage creativity and the love of art! It gets messy, but it's worth it! Cella is one talented little girl--smart, too. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover