Monday, May 9, 2011

Before and After: Marbleized Coffee Table

A few years ago my husband's Aunt gave us this great quatrefoil coffee table. It had some wear and tear and wasn't in the best condition, but it definitely had potential! When she gave it to me she said that she was giving it to me because she thought I could do something neat with it. Well, I'm not sure if this is what she had in mind, but I love the results! 

We started with this:
 


And after a little TLC ended up with this:






 If you are a brave person and think you need a little color in your life - then this post is for you! I am in love with the results......we actually did this project about a year ago and it still makes me happy to see this pink and yellow table everyday. I was afraid I would get tired of it since I tend to be a little bit fickle, but so far so good! Marbleized paper is really so beautiful and it comes in many different colors.

All we did to make this transformation happen was: 
1. Painted the table white
2. Ordered marbleized paper (you can find some here. )
3. Cut it to shape (I cut four pieces and lined them up in the center of the table)
4. And then ModPodged the pieces onto the table.

Being that we have 2 children under the age of 3, there has been a little bit of wear on the white paint. But overall it has held up really well! 

And I would like to give props to my husband - I sure do love a man who is fine with having a pink table in the living room!

2 comments:

Pin It button on image hover