Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Before and After: a green nightstand

We inherited a lot of furniture from my generous in-laws and thankfully they are not the kind of folks who get mad if you change or paint their old furniture. I thought this small dresser would be cute in our daughter's room. We initially used it as her changing table and now we use it as her nightstand. It was actually pretty cute to begin with, but it had stains on the top and needed a little upgrade!


Before

After

After painting it kelly green and replacing the old knobs with white flower knobs from Anthropologie, it looks like a new nightstand. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! The artwork is needlework that my mom did for me when I was a baby, I found them in her old sewing basket and thought they would be perfect for Cella's room.

Digging old treasures out of the attic is one of my favorite things to do and it's good for the environment!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Can we please chat about the bookends?! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rebec, i made the bookends from a Lotta jansdotter book. i would be happy to make you some, they are so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover